The beauty community in Kenya is growing and thriving in so many ways that it excites me!
So when I got a note from Huddah sharing her newest product- the Star Girl Edition Eyeshadow Palette, I knew I just had to try out the product and review it for you.
The Star Girl Edition palette is a new step in Kenya’s beauty scene, as its challenging the norm when it comes to high-quality makeup that is produced by a Kenyan brand.
I did have some concerns, though, which I do share in this video. And just to let you know- this is the first time I’m doing a video like this, and it literally took me an entire week to produce it for you.
So I really hope that there’s something in here for you, and that some of your questions have been answered in this video.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to share them in the comments below and I’ll be glad to help!
Follow Huddah Cosmetics
– Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/huddahcosmetics/
– Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/huddahcosmetics
– Twitter- https://twitter.com/huddahcosmetics
– Website- http://huddahstore.com/
••• TIMESTAMPS •••
9:54- Palette Comparison
18:30- Final Thoughts
••• HUDDAH’S 12 QUESTIONS •••
(1) Where was the palette produced? (country)
(2) What was the inspiration behind the name of the palette- Star Girl Edition?
(3) I realize there are no matte shadows in the palette- any reason for this?
(4) Do you have a bio that I can share with my audience?
(5) Why did you choose the price of 2,500/-?
(6) What are your local/international shipping options? Timelines for shipping depending on the country? This just speaks to accessibility.
— Online orders are accepted here- http://huddahstore.com/
(7) Would you happen to have a complete list of distributors?
(8) Was there a reason that the shades are warm-golds/browns/reds etc?
(9) More of a FYI- the palette I received was used- it had already been swatched.
(10) What ingredients does the palette include as a preservative?
(11) Is the palette cruelty-free and/or vegan?
(12) Do you have any videos online that educate a user on how to work with the palette?
••• INGREDIENTS •••
– Talc- a mineral substance used in cosmetics. More information- http://bit.ly/2xdM8dh
– Mica- a naturally-occurring mineral “dust” that are often shimmery or reflective in nature. More information- http://bit.ly/2wmAYUN
– C177499- an inorganic colorant primarily composed of iron oxides functioning as a cosmetic colourant. They are generally non-toxic and non-irritating.
– Ethylhexyl palmitate- a derivative of palm oil often used as an organic replacement to silicone.
– Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2- a synthetic substitute for lanolin. Adipic acid – a main constituent of this ingredient – can be an irritant to the skin and eyes depending on vulnerability to sensitivity and the levels in a formulation.
– Polyisobutene- increases the thickness of lipids (oils) in cosmetic products, and is used to literally hold together the ingredients of a compressed cake. More info- http://bit.ly/2wz9wP5
– Dimethicone- A synthesized silicone fluid which is used as a base in creams and ointments, and helps to create a silky feel. More info- http://bit.ly/2xr3Kmo
– Titanium Dioxide- Inert earth mineral used as a thickening, whitening, lubricating, and sunscreen ingredient in cosmetics. More info- http://bit.ly/2xJUkU8
– D&CRed7CaLake- a pigment. More info- http://bit.ly/2f22dc0
– Phenoxyethanol- a preservative. More info- http://bit.ly/2y7RkwR
– Magnesium Stearate- provides average coverage, consistency, texture, opacity. More info- http://bit.ly/2fc4Wn6
– BHA- beta hydroxy acid, which is more commonly known as salicylic acid, and addresses many skin concerns. More info- http://bit.ly/2yi4SXO
Have you subscribed to our channel? If not, please subscribe for at least one new video each week by clicking here– http://bit.ly/1Tye1D4
Check out our most recent video right here- http://bit.ly/2xdzk6U
Subscribe to my channel for new videos at least once each week– http://goo.gl/N3U8xD
You can also find us on: –
— Twitter- http://twitter.com/BellesaAfrica
— Facebook- http://facebook.com/BellesaAfrica
— Instagram- http://instagram.com/BellesaAfrica
Thank you so much for watching, and subscribing if you already have. We really appreciate your support.